Monday, June 27, 2005

Thanks Fred

I appreciate Fred mentioning me in his blog. I also appreciate his rational, respectful commentary on local issues and his own views. I prefer those who are thought provoking to those who are emotion provoking.

I started this blog as I mentioned in my first post "I came here hoping to read blogs, but being too lazy to figure that out, I ended up creating my own blog." I was looking for the blog referred to in the Times Standard that rightfully chastized a blogger for misusing an article.

I'm using this blog as an opportunity to improve my writing skills. It's also motivated me to read more and think more and to consider differing viewpoints. I do believe that J.C. Licklidder would be proud.

4 Comments:

Blogger Fred Mangels said...

And thank you for the plug! I actually started my blog for pretty much the same reason: To improve my writing skills. Mostly I wanted to see if I could get to where I could write something half decent without spending days editing it as I often do when writing letters to the editor.

BTW, in case you didn't know, the blog the Times Standard was referring to was that one I mentioned called Arkley's Propaganda. That's how I found that one. I asked the editor of the TS what blog he was referring to and he told me.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Jeff Kelley said...

Wow, what a novel idea. Ask the editor. I followed your link and read one entry of that Arkley's Propaganda blog and that was enough for me. Seemed like one big illogical, unsubstantiated flame.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Like I mentioned in my comments on the blog, he seems to have run out of ammo as he hasn't added anything to his blog since the end of May.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Fred Mangels said...

BTW: I think I might have forgot to include this other blog I've been keeping an eye on: Yes, I Do Have An Opinion On Everything.http://lostcoastsmgglr.blogspot.com/
Another anonymous blogger who hasn't updated his blog since mid May so I'm getting tired of checking it. He says he has an opinion on everything but he seems fixated on George Bush, as that's all I've seen him comment on, at least recently.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home