Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ridicule

Ah, the habit of making fun of others. "Wow, she shouldn't wear those pants. See how the rolls of fat spill over the waistband." It's a popular pastime. But it's one I cannot deal with. I'm capable of playing, but it runs counter to my deep beliefs. My work often involves creating positive interactions with people with frustrating behaviors. Getting in the habit of ridiculing the ridiculus would make my job harder. John Cusak said of Gene Hackman "he doesn't suffer fools." I acknowledge and accept that there are those who can't if they are to reach their goals, to protect themselves, or other motives. But for me, I see it as a task of my life, to suffer fools. Rarely do I find nonfools who will suffer my suffering of fools.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home