Thursday, October 09, 2008

Addicts

Father: Son, when you get to college, there will be pushers there trying to get you hooked.
Son: I can handle it dad.
F: Son, you're young, you want to experience things. You want to fit in. These pushers will be right out there in the open, tempting you to join their little club. And once they get their hooks in you, they'll never let go.
S: Look, Dad I can use it responsibly. Just a little.
F: Oh that's how it starts. They'll give you a little for no fee. Then after you use a little, they'll up it. Give you more. And the temptation to use it is great.
S: I can handle it Dad, and there's no way I can get through school without it.
F: If you give in, you'll be a user the rest of your life.
S: [with disdain] Like you Dad? You're in over your head.
F: [hangs in head in shame] Yes Son, like me. It seemed so sexy at first. I was on top of the world. I felt like I could do anything I wanted. Go anywhere, get anything. Now my minimum payment is half my income, and if I miss a payment, they punish me.
S: Right, and now you can't afford to send me to college, so I'll end up a user just like you.
F: Don't do it Son, don't let those pushers with their little tables, and freebies suck you in. Don't sign up for a credit card.
S: It's too late Dad. I started out on student loans, and now I have a card with a thousand dollar limit.
F: NOOOOO!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home